FINANCE AND GRANT OFFICER
Save the Children is a leading independent, worldwide, non-profit children’s rights organization and operates in over 120 countries. Save the Children has been operating in Mongolia since 1994, and has proven experience and expertise in the fields of early childhood care and development, primary and secondary education, child protection, and child rights governance. Save the Children Japan (SC) is currently managing the Mongolia Country Program.
Save the Children Mongolia Office is currently accepting applications from interested and qualified candidates for the position of Finance and Grant Officer.
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, Finance and Grant Officer supports the FM in undertaking necessary tasks for ensuring that the organization’s accounting and finance activities are in accordance with its internal policies and complying the national legislative requirements and timely preparing of donor financial and budget monitoring reports and statistics detailing financial results and maintaining bank accounts and donor funds.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Prepares financial monitoring reports to the SC’s management, donors, and the Government.
- Prepares project specific ledgers and financial documents in line with donors’ requirements; and translates and files evidence documents.
- Reviews payment requests and supporting documents before processing the payments.
- Assists Finance Manager in the financial planning and reporting of the country program operation.
- Supports program staff in preparation of the project budgets and monitoring of the project budgets.
- Serves as a focal point for the grant management at SC Mongolia Program.
- Supports partners in understanding of SC’s finance procedures, donors’ requirements and preparing financial reports to SC.
Qualification and Personal Requirements:
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance or Business administration, or related field
- A minimum of two years of experience in a similar position
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Good computer skills, including spreadsheets and database
- Attention to details
- Excellent knowledge of English and Mongolian
- Knowledge of taxation and other legal requirements in Mongolia
- Experience of work in financial operations or in a similar field of work, including financial planning and preparing budgets is an asset
- Previous experience of working in an international organization is an advantage.
APPLICATION PROCESS: If you meet the above mentioned qualifications and are interested in applying for the post, please send your letter of application along with Curriculum Vitae, a copy of university diploma(s), and at least 3 references/recommendation letters from current/past employers by 5 p.m on August 9, 2019 via e-mail or hand-delivery to the address below. Please indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying, if you are applying via email. The complete job description will be provided upon request. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Save the Children for interviews. Submitted documents will not be returned.
Save the Children Japan, Mongolia prograM, 4th Floor, Arizona Center Khoroo #1, Chingeltei district, Ulaanbaatar