Job Title: Operations Analyst [#42675]
Language Preferences: English [Essential]; Mongolian [Essential]
Location: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Appointment: Local Hire
Closing Date: 07/10/2020
IFC – a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group – is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2019, we invested more than $19 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The IFC’s East Asia & Pacific Department is looking to recruit an Operations Analyst for its Ulaanbaatar Office. The Operations Analyst will be responsible for assisting with research, analytics, operational work, presentations, resource support, and visiting missions support, primarily for the Resident Representative for Mongolia and the country management team.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.
Role & Responsibilities:
The Operations Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Extracting data on Mongolia and, if needed, other countries in the East Asia and Pacific region from internal and external sources, review and present the data in a variety of formats for various audiences to a high degree of accuracy and consistency.
- He/she will be the ‘go-to’ person for data and research and all operational/resource support work for and from the region that will be initiated by the Country Manager and the country management team.
- Preparing progress reports and any other similar documentation or materials required.
- Preparation of sections of relevant country analytical and strategy submissions as inputs into business plans, work program agreements, mid-year and retrospective. Review and screening of relevant documents/reports for consistency with country strategies.
- Analyze various sectors of the Mongolian economy with a particular office of developing a project pipeline. Analyze financial statements of potential IFC clients and make recommendations to the UB team or relevant industry teams.
- Liaise and interact effectively with a network of contacts (both internal and external) and respond effectively to inquiries and to diverse situations that require tact and pragmatic problem-solving skills. A good network of contacts, both with business community, government stakeholders and/or other key sources of country context would be a plus.
- Under the guidance of Resident Representative, advise project teams on the country context, IFC role, strategic fit, World Bank Group objectives, local market issues, pipeline and portfolio.
- Assist the Resident Representative with overall project management, planning and monitoring of deliverables to ensure timely and quality delivery of the investment and advisory work programs.
- Portfolio monitoring and internal and external reporting. Provide any other assistance needed by the Resident Representative for the day-to-day coordination of activities, including administrative issues.
- Help support pipeline development across all industry groups by providing industry contextual data, company analysis, comparator analysis, industry research etc.
- Provide support to the country team on IFC joint efforts with the WB and other development partners.
- Provide support for select visiting missions.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current advisory and investment operations in Mongolia and respond to queries.
- Construct and maintain reports to analyze and report on operational and development impact performance in Mongolia.
- Prepare presentations and reports to present information and analysis to various audiences.
- Conduct research, analysis and compile information from HQ and regional sources for the benefit of field-based management teams.
Selection Criteria & Competencies:
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Finance, Business or similar qualifications.
- Two years’ work experience in banking, consulting or another fast-paced, knowledge-based work environment.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and database skills.
- Excellent English writing and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and quality of deliverable.
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to take initiative and work across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, have a high level of discretion and professionalism.
- Ability to perform under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines, while working on multiple projects.
IFC values diversity and encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of IFC member countries to apply, regardless of gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Please go to our website www.ifc.org/careers to on-line apply this position. Please locate for “Search Job” and search the position by job number (ReqID) 42675.
- Only online applications are accepted: do not email your application to the hiring manager or the HR contact (even if you have applied online), as it will be neither acknowledged nor accepted.
- The hiring manager will contact only short-listed candidates for interviews.
- Please do not call/email to find out the status.