FINANCE MANAGER (MATERNITY REPLACEMENT VACANCY)
Save the Children is a leading independent, worldwide, non-profit children’s rights organization. Established in 1919, it operates in over 120 countries. Save the Children has been operating in Mongolia since 1994, and has proven experience and expertise in the fields of early childhood care and development, primary and secondary education, child protection, and child rights governance. Save the Children Japan (SC) is currently managing the Mongolia Country Program.
We are currently seeking a Finance Manager, as a short-term maternity replacement. Under the direct supervision of the Country Manager, with guidance from finance directors at headquarters and regional levels, Finance Manager will be responsible for overseeing Save the Children’s entire program finances in Mongolia. She/he will be responsible for all grant management, monitoring of grant budgets and project expenses, preparation of sound organizational and program/project budgets, submission of timely and accurate donor financial reports, and making improvements in financial policies, practices and control mechanisms.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Supports the preparation and monitoring of organizational and program/project budgets, with due consideration to external factors (i.e., inflation, foreign currency exchange rates, changes in regulations, etc.); ensures that key program personnel are aware of budgetary resources, and are able to monitor their respective budgets.
- Creates financial analysis to provide insight and timely actionable information to the Country Manager and prepares ad hoc financial analysis for Senior Management Team for informed decision making.
- Ensures program compliance with all government and donor regulations/requirements, and advises the Budget Holders to help ensure efficient and effective program implementation.
- Reviews and consolidates monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, including project reports, to ensure accuracy and appropriateness; provides regular feedback to program managers and senior management.
- Prepares any budget revisions and projections, and responds to any external questions from donors and/or internal questions from within Save the Children’s management structure.
- Confirms availability of funds for all requests for payment or charges to grants.
- In coordination with Admin Manager, maintains asset inventories.
- Prepares and revises finance and operations guidelines so that they adhere to SC and most current donor requirements.
- Manages, evaluates and develops capacity of finance and operations staff as necessary.
- Contributes to the development of any financial reports as required by the donors, the Government, and/or Save the Children.
- Assists in building the capacity of local sub-grantees to manage grant funds and to comply with donor rules and regulations.
- Ensures that the SCJ Mongolia Office complies with all legal requirements regarding salaries, health and social insurance and taxations, terminal grants, etc.
Child Safeguarding As a Senior Management Team member, the position holder will foresee and monitor successful implementation of the Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and the Code of Conduct, and will discuss and solve any issues and concerns related with the implementation of these policies.
(Note: The job duties and responsibilities set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder will be required to carry out those duties as stated in the formal job description within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum a Master’s degree in Finance or accounting with minimum five years of experience in accounting/finance
- Strong experience of managing a team work in financial operations or in a similar field of work, including financial planning and preparing budgets
- Experience of developing and implementing policies, procedures and systems
- Experience of financial planning
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- Very good knowledge in Microsoft operating systems with emphasis on spreadsheets
- Ability to contribute to a senior management team
- Excellent knowledge of English and Mongolian
- Knowledge of the taxation requirements and other legal requirements in Mongolia
Management skills including On Programming, budgeting & M&E, Conflict Management Skills, People Management Skills (supervising skills), partnership management skills.
Communication skills including Articulation and presentation skills, negotiation skills, Interpersonal skills, Facilitation skills, Analytic skills, time management skills, writing skills, excellent in communication skills – both in Mongolian and English.
Computer skills including Working knowledge on MS-Office, working knowledge on e-mail/internet
How to apply: If you meet the above mentioned qualifications and are interested in applying for the post, please send your letter of application along with Curriculum Vitae, a copy of university diplomas, and at least 3 references/recommendation letters from your current/past employers by 5 p.m on 9 August 2019 via e-mail. Please indicate in the subject line for which position you are applying, when applying via email. The complete job description will be provided upon request. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Save the Children for the written test and interviews. Submitted documents will not be returned.
Address: Save the Children Japan in Mongolia 4th Floor, Arizona Center Khoroo #1, Chingeltei district, Ulaanbaatar
Tel: +976-11-329365, 329371